Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kindie Welcome Hour


Much to Lily's delight, kindergarten is quickly approaching. This past Thursday was "Kindie Welcome Hour" at the elementary school. I took Lily, and while I "met" the principal, the nurse, the kindergarten teachers, etc. she got to go into one of the kindergarten classes, do a craft, dance, listen to a story, and go to RECESS!! She had a fabulous time. While most of the kids looked at their parents with blank faces when it was time to separate from their folks, Lily was down the hall and gone before I could say goodbye. She was the last one off the playground, and I had to drag her. At least I won't have to worry in the fall that she'll be nervous about kindergarten!! (As a side note, Lily even went to Kindie Welcome Hour in true Lily fashion. In her excitement, she bit it in the parking lot and we were in the school nurse's office before welcome hour even started. Her main concern was that she was going to get blood on her pretty purple dress. Once she was cleaned up and bandaged, off she went!)

4 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

She is such a dolly cake! I can't believe she's heading off to kindergarten soon...time flies!

Kari said...

Wasn't it just yesterday we went with the boys for Kindie hour?! I wish they did that here, Will would love it too.

Tiffany said...

I can't believe Lily is so cute! And I loved that you spent the first few minutes in the nurse's office...it reminds me of my time in elementary school. ;)

Tiffany said...

What I meant to say is I can't believe Lily is so old--she's such a cutie. I CAN believe she's so cute. :)