Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Another Mother's Day has come and gone, and I have had a lot of time to think about how blessed I am. I had a wonderful Mother's Day in very many ways. It actually started on Friday night when I came home from being out with a friend to find that my bathroom was SPARKLING clean. My husband is so sweet! He knows I hate cleaning bathrooms. Then Saturday I got some time to relax and lay low. My sweet hubby got up early this morning to fix breakfast for me to eat in bed. He even made homemade, from scratch, YUMMY pecan caramel sticky buns. So impressive!! I got presents "from the kids", which I know daddy helped pick out, and were very thoughtful. I got a can opener from Sophie, (which I desperately needed), Bath and Body Works goodies from Lily, exercise clothes from Hunter (now that my awesome and determined sister-in-law has me hitting the track twice a week), and cute shoes from all. I also got flowers and chocolates, they know me so well. But honestly, the best part was knowing that they valued me enough to go to all that effort. And I loved the handmade cards and presents that my older two brought home from school. Everyone really went out of their way today to make my day wonderful, and it was so nice. When I told my husband yesterday that I felt guilty for just "sitting", he told me that I am the heart of our family 364 days a year, and that he could at least keep it pulled together for one day.
I was also glad to have an opportunity today to spend time with my mom and talk to my mother-in-law. They are the BEST. I am so blessed ot have both of them in my life, and I couldn't ask for two better examples to look to as I raise my own wonderful kiddos. We had our traditional Sunday dinner at my folks house, complete with all my sisters, their husbands, Ty's brother and sister-in-law, and our combined fourteen kiddos. Yes, it was total CHAOS! But it was the best kind of chaos I know of. Mom (and Dad), hats off to you for creating this wonderful brood. I love you!! And to all of you moms out there, I hope your day was as great as mine. You deserve it!!

3 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

That is so nice! Seriously made me a little teary-eyed! It's so nice to get some good TLC every once in a while, isn't it? And I even miss going to your parents house for an occasional Sunday dinner myself...they are so great! I'm glad you had an awesome day (weekend). You totally deserve it!

Anonymous said...

What a nice haul!

Mandi said...

Two words.... I'm jealous