Friday, September 25, 2009

HKM Family Reunion

Aren't we a good lookin' group??
The weekend before school started, we gathered up the Monson Clan for a family reunion. Tyler's youngest brother Trent returned in July from a mission in Puerto Rico, so it was the first time in two years we were all together. We had SO MUCH FUN! We went to a Rockies game on Friday night all together in our matching shirts. (It was pretty funny. Some lady behind us asked if we were a day care center. RIGHT! On a Friday night! It totally cracked me up! Like three kids per family is SO many!)
Saturday morning, all of the adults got to go to a session at the temple together. (Except for my BIL Brian, who wasn't able to join us for the reunion.) What an awesome opportunity that was! It's like getting a little tiny glimpse of what it will be like when we are all together after this earthly life. We spent Saturday afternoon picnicing at the Aurora Reservoir. Saturday night was the highlight of the weekend, the family talent show. (I call it the family spectacle!!) I am hoping to get some pictures of that, but apparently I forgot how to use a camera that weekend, so this is it for now. (On that same note, if you are a Monson and are reading this, could you email me some pics from the reunion?)
On Sunday we all went to church together, and then had a family dinner, family home evening, and a presentation from Trent about his mission. It was a wonderful weekend that went by all too fast.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Can I get copies of the pictures we took as a group? I love that family!
P.S. All of Tonya's reunion pictures are on the facebook and you can just download them/save them from her account and they're good quality. That's what I did (because i didn't get many pictures either...). :)