Saturday, April 4, 2009

Travelogue, Day Six (Friday)

As I type, we are back in the car headed west towards home. I'll post tonight or tomorrow when I have internet access again. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part of the trip, especially with kids. Ours are old enough to understand that they won't see Nana and Papa for a while, but young enough to be absolutely heart broken when we go. We left Chicago with heavy hearts and teary eyes, but we had a wonderful week. We were planning to split the trip into two days again and spend the night in Nebraska, but we'll see. The weather reports from Colorado aren't good, with six to twelve inches of snow forecast and a blizzard warning in effect. So, we are going to drive as far as we can and see what happens. We might try to keep driving to beat most of the storm. We'll let you know.

2 comments:

Tonz said...

I still think my favorite part about saying goodbye (if you can have a favorite part about something like that) was that Lily was the saddest about saying goodbye to Will. :) It sure was fun to see you guys. I love you and miss you lots! Here's hoping July gets here soon!

Anonymous said...

I loved the "Travelogue". What a great idea!