Thursday, April 2, 2009

Travelogue, Day Four (Wednesday)

Wednesday was a downtown kind of day. It was pretty chilly down by the lake, but we had a great time and packed in a lot of action. Our first stop was a premier picture spot. This is Lake Michigan behind us and the Chicago skyline.


Our next stop was a rally for the Chicago's MLS team, the Fire. Here's the kids with their mascot Sparky. We all got to try our hands (or our feet!) at kicking a soccer ball into this huge net to win a prize. We all know how athletic and how coordinated I am, but the fam talked me into giving it a try anyway. I stepped up, took a kick, and ....won myself a Chicago Fire t-shirt on the first try! Yeah me! I was so shocked, but Hunter thought I was pretty cool at that moment. It was fun.



Next we walked down to Millenium Park to see "The Bean". This thing is so cool! It's shaped so that you can walk all the way around it and see the Chicago skyline reflected in its entirety. It's really quite fascinating.




After Millenium Park we went to Al's Roast Beef for lunch, a Chicago specialty. If you haven't had Al's Italian Beef, you are missing out!


Our last stop on our downtown tour was Lincoln Park Zoo to visit some furry friends. Here's the kids riding a hippo.



I know Hunter feels misunderstood sometimes!



Of course, we had to visit my favorite friends, the giraffes.


Needless to say, we were pretty tired out on the way home, but everybody had a great time!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So jealous and missing you terribly!

oodlesofoversons said...

You guys look like you're having such a great visit!! Good for you! Michigan lake picture...Christmas card??? very cute!