Monday, August 25, 2008

Of course I cried!

It's the first day of school. Of course there were tears involved this morning! Fortunately, none of them were from Hunter or Lily, they were ready and excited for school to start.

Of course, first day of school pictures are mandatory. I think I have one from every single school year growing up. (And let me tell you, there are some real doozies in there!) Anyway, the kids humored me even though I think Lil was still half asleep.



We set off for school right on time and arrived in the chaos! I forgot what a mess the first morning of school is. Parents EVERYWHERE!



Hunter assured me that he did NOT need me to walk him to his line. I know he didn't need me to, but I would've done it out of the kindness of my heart. Actually, I had a really hard time letting him just walk away. We waited in line with Lil, and at one point I sent Tyler to make sure Hunter had arrived safely at his destination. Tyler told Hunter that Sophie wanted to say goodbye again so that he wouldn't know it was really me checking up on him!



One of the great delights of the first day of kindergarten: finding familiar faces! Lily was thrilled to find a couple of friends in line this morning. She walked into the building with her head high and a smile on her face. I was proud of her!

It was all going pretty well and I was managing to keep the tears back, that is until the kindies started filing into the building and Sophie absolutely fell apart. Lily turned around to walk away and Sophie started screaming "I wanna go school! I wanna go school!" Tears were absolutely streaming down her little face. She was breaking my heart! She sobbed all the way to the car, and then just when I thought she was calming down, it started all over again. I buckled her into the car and she panicked. She started screaming for Hunter and Lily and was so worried about leaving them behind. Oh, my Little Sophie Sunshine.


Like the good mom that I am, I stopped to take pictures of Sophie in her misery and then tried to calm her down. Can't miss that kodak moment!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Man--that is Lil half asleep? Tori can't take a pic like that 100% awake and happy. They look fabulous! Happy peaceful mornings to you!

Tiffany said...

I would've cried too. I can't believe how grown up your kids are!!

Jill said...

That must've been the worst thing for Sophie ever! BOTH of her siblings gone and she gets stuck at home? Poor girl!

Mandi said...

Oh....my lovies are getting SO OLD! Poor Sophie.....I know the feeling Soph! Being the baby sucks sometimes. Lil looked BEAUTIFUL and Hunter rather dashing. Love them all!

Troy said...

Don't worry Sophie, Kaia will soon be there for you to play with all day if you like.

(I know that may not sound like the best to you Angie getting those two together, but I'm sure they'll like it.)

oodlesofoversons said...

I know how you feel, Ang. I thought I'd be so excited to send them off, but I swear I don't know what to do with myself with just Ethan at home! It's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Poor Sophie. What a super sad face. Hooray for Hunter and Lily for braving another new school year!