Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sick and Tired

Well, those of you in the vicinity know that I should be at Stake Conference right now. But I'm not. Because the kids are sick, and I am tired. It started with Sophie vomiting at bedtime Tuesday night, and then proceeding to throw up literally all night long. (Of course, when hubby was out of town!) She felt a little better the next day, but has been just a little "too quiet", if you know what I mean. She was fine until she woke up early Saturday morning, again with a bed full of yuck. What the heck?!?! I thought the other kids were going to skate by, but no such luck. Sophie was up five times in the night, Lily three, and Hunter once. Lily is now tossing her cookies, and HK is running a fever. You gotta be kiddin' me! I am not sure I can handle another week of this. But they say there's always a silver lining, and I can think of a couple. One: I have gotten lots of snuggles and quality time, holding and rocking kiddos who would otherwise be too busy for me. Two: they are sick this weekend and not next weekend, when we have tickets to the BYU/AFA game at the Academy. THAT would have been terrible. Now, if I can just get some sleep...

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I am so sorry, we did that during fall break, of course now I am home today with a nasty cold that Logan and I have:( Hope all the sick-yuck goes away soon!

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry Ang! Sick kids = never any fun..but when there's puke involved...its worse. Good call on the being grateful it was this weekend and not next. Here's hoping for a quick recovery! (and that you can get some sleep soon!!)

Jill said...

That's terrible. Puke is the absolute worst.

If you're bored and up in the middle of the night, give me a call because I'm sure I'll be up, too!

oodlesofoversons said...

THAT IS THE WORST! I'm so sorry. I hope everyone is feeling better soon and that YOU don't get it. It's always when the hubbies are out of town...and I loved the story about Hunter. What a cute boy!