Monday, June 9, 2008

Play ball!


Hunter is playing baseball this summer for the first time. He had his first game last week. Here's what he says about it:

"We won the game! I got a new glove. It has Carlos Zambrano's signature on it. I got on base three out of four times. Every time it was a single. We get to switch positions almost every inning. The positions I got to play were center field, pitcher, and right field. When I was in the outfield, nobody hit the ball to the outfield. But when I was the pitcher, they hit it to me twice. We scored a lot of runs, but I don't know how many. We got hats with our jerseys, but the coach and the parents didn't like them.

The coach asked the parents if they would buy Rockies hats, but some of the kids still asked him for the green hats because they thought they were cool. I thought they were cool too. So, since we have Rockies hats our team name is the Rockies! Once during practice, we were practicing running the bases and coach was timing us, and I got around all the bases and back to home plate in ten seconds. That was the fastest time that anyone got. I hope that we can go undefeated, and I hope there is some kind of chamopinship that we can play in and win!"





After the game. I noticed the dirt on his new baseball pants, but didn't remember a slide during the game. I asked him about it and he said, "Mom, I can't go home with shiny clean baseball pants!" Ya, that would be terrible!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good job Hunter! I'm so glad I got to hear about the game from your point of view!! :) Good luck in all of your other games this summer!

Also, Angie...what did/do you think of Book of a Thousand Days? I read that awhile ago.

Bethany said...

Awesome Hunter! Have a fun season.

oodlesofoversons said...

I love that you gave us that in his words! How exciting! ood luck this season, Hunter. You rock. Ang, I need to invite you to goodreads...I need your email address.