Friday, October 3, 2008

Sophie Adventures

There are so many Sophie adventures, I dare say they are a daily occurence. And they aren't always the good kind of adventures! But this was one of my favorites from this week. The kids were playing in the back yard and Hunter and Lily felt the urge to tattle (once again) on their little sister. Apparently she was eating fresh vegetables, straight from the garden, again. The kids know this drives me nuts, because we don't have that many vegetables in the garden to begin with! So I went out back to check things out and found Sophie playing happily after ingesting not a tomato or a bean, but an entire jalapeno pepper, all but the stem.

Mom: Sophie, are you ok?

Sophie: ya

Mom: Do you need a drink or something?

Sophie: (thinking...) um, ok


So she heads in to get a drink. Thirty seconds later she is screaming at the top of her lungs. I head to the kitchen and find this:

She got to the milk, but then she couldn't get down. Talk about doing things the hard way! (Ignore the DDP on the top shelf. I really have no idea who it belongs to.)

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sophie has enough spice of her own to let a littl jalapeno pepper bother her! :)

Jenn said...

I LOVE this! SO Sophie. By the way-nobody would have noticed the DP, but thanks a lot for drawing it to my attention--now I REALLY need happy hour!

FrugalProfessor said...

Ha! Women definitely have the harder job in the family. Us lucky men get to go to work and escape the insanity for 8 hours each day.

Jill said...

Ooops! Sorry about leaving my DP in your fridge. I'm always doing that!

oodlesofoversons said...

OK, the funny thing about that whole post is that the VERY first thing I saw in your fridge was the DDP...I didn't even look at Sophie hangin" on for dear life! What happened to the fully loaded stuff? I gave it up in MAy...sucks! Anyway, thanks for the story! It's always funnier when it's not your own kid...

Anonymous said...

Sophie is so well... Sophie. I love her little personality and I'd have to agree that a pepper probably wouldn't phase her much. She's like the ultimate little trooper.