Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Love You Too!

I went in to get Sophie up from her nap today, and the conversation went like this:

Mom: Hi sweetheart! Good nap!
Soph: Thank you. Where my daddy?!
Mom: He's at work. It's time to go get brother from school.
Soph: Where my daddy?!
Mom: He's at work. Let's go get your shoes on, ok?
Soph: Where my daddy?!
Mom: Daddy's at work. Let's go get Hunter and you can bring a book in the car and I will read to you. You have such a nice mommy.
Soph: I have a nice daddy.

Ah....the joys of motherhood. I'm off to cook dinner for kids who probably won't even eat it!!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Why are we so ridiculously underappreciated? You deserve a nap (and maybe a ddp)!

oodlesofoversons said...

So true. Next time she's talking to you, you should pull the same thing with her...when she wants something from you,just keep asking "where daddy?

Tiffany said...

All Megan does is yell for her daddy these days too. I'm like, "Listen sister, I would rather you go to work with him too...but as is, we're stuck with each other." jk I love her...but she's worshipping Brian these days...at least I'm not the only unloved mom out there. :)

Jill said...

So unloved! But you know that if you were gone more, she would be asking for you--possibly screaming for you!

My girls think that if I go get the mail without them that they're going to die. We need a happy medium here.

Kari said...

Little does she know YOU feel that way too, especially at about 4:00 o'clock "Where is there daddy!"

Bethany said...

Sounds like my daughter still at this age. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

The best was when she said, "I have a nice daddy." It was a valiant effort on your part though!