Sunday, February 3, 2008

Take the Challenge!!

So, maybe you have all heard about this already, but I just heard about it in Gospel Doctrine today and I think it's really cool. There is a website called The Hinckley Challenge. The idea is that you commit (starting tomorrow) to read the Book of Mormon in ninety-seven days, one day for each year of the prophet's life. You can register on the site, and it will tell you how many other people have registered do far, and you can also track your own progress. It ends on May 11, and if you read every day you only have to read 5.4 pages a day to finish in time. I am not always the best about this kind of stuff, but I am going to commit to it this time. And to keep me honest, I am putting a graph on the right side of this page to show all of you the progress I have made in my reading. That way, it's harder for me to quit! Anyway, I think this is a really neat idea and wanted to share it with you all. Anyone up for a challenge???

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Yikes again....I'm not sure. With these new sleepless nights, I am not sure I can stay awake for 5 whole pages! lol I will try.

oodlesofoversons said...

Ang...THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this! What an awesome idea! I am going to try to do it for sure. Do you care if I post a graph on my blog also? Thanks!

Angie said...

Not at all! If you post a graph on your blog, it will give me even more incentive: to finish, and to keep up with you!! ;)