Sunday, February 3, 2008

Oh Lily...

I must say that to myself at least fifty times a day. Oh Lily! She has so much personality! She is also a study in contrasts. She loves to wrestle with her brother, get dirty, throw balls, and all kinds of "boy" things. In fact, the other day someone asked me if Hunter missed not having brothers, and then they said "Oh wait, he has Lily!". And then there is the softer side of Lily. She was ecstatic to go to preschool on Wednesday, because they were having a teddy bear picnic. The night before, she decided to take her purple bear Violet to school with her. At 7:40 the next morning, as daddy is out of town and we are trying to get out the door to take brother to school, she comes flying down the stairs with a box of beads and says "Mom! We need to make Violet a bracelet before I take her to the picnic!" Ya! 'Cause that's all I have to get done this morning! So, we take brother to school, come home and spend the next half hour not only making a bracelet for the bear's big day, but then documenting the momentous occasion with an impromptu photo shoot. You have to admit, Violet looked lovely.
And then the next day, she gets up from her nap and comes downstairs all dressed up and announces to me "Mam, Princess Lily will be riding with you to the school today. Will that be all right?" All I could do was chuckle. She does look like a princess, doesn't she? But we all know that looks can be deceiving!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

LOVE IT! She and Marlee really are kindred spirits. Yikes.... Love you.

oodlesofoversons said...

OK, but you have to admit, she's a dolly cake! Good for you for actually taking the time to make Violet even more beautiful for the picnic! I love it!

Tiffany said...

That's great Ang! And Violet did look beautiful..probably the prettiest bear there. :)

Kari said...

I will never forget Lily coming down my stairs with Will's underwear on her head! "Oh, Lily" always leaves a smile on my face!

This Girl said...

You are such a good mom to make a bracelet for Violet! I bet she was the prettiest bear at the party.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Lily is GREAT and Violet is one lucky bear to be a part of such a great family!