Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WiCKED

Last week was a week for making memories with my kids. Last Thursday, after many weeks of waiting, Lily and I went on our big outing to the theatre. Let me rewind...

I LOVE the musical WICKED. I've seen it four times now, and I love it every time I go. My sweet husband let me buy tickets yet again when we found out the show was returning to Denver. After some discussion, we decided that the time was right for Lily to have her first "big girl" outing. Since I love the music from the show, she knows a lot of the songs. She had asked a few times if she could please go see the show if it ever came to Denver again. So Tyler took one for the team to stay home with the other kids, and Lil and I had a date.

I wanted to make the evening as special as possible, so we dressed up in our best clothes and went to dinner before the show.

Here is Lil at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. She has a new found love for seafood, and the restaurant is only a couple of blocks from the theatre.

It's hard to tell in the dark, but that's the theatre in the background. Didn't she look pretty?!

This was really a special evening for both of us. She acted like such a lady the whole night. I can't even count how many people told her how pretty she looked. She was one of the only kids there, and people kept stopping her to tell her that she looked like a princess and that she was so pretty. The usher even thanked her for putting on her best clothes to go the the theatre. It was absolutely perfect. She loved the show and was mesmerized by her first real stage production. I was so afraid that she would get tired and fall asleep, she is definitely my biggest sleeper and the first act is rather long. But she didn't. She made it through the whole show, and then she fell asleep in the car not five minutes after we left the parking lot. I was very proud of her, and it's a memory I hope we can both keep forever.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

She DOES look very beautiful! I'm glad that you guys got to have such a fun girls night!!