Thursday, November 19, 2009

For Your Viewing Enjoyment

I am getting better at keeping track of the important moments, but I need to remember to savor the small things as well. So, here are a couple of small things that I don't want to forget.

Hunter brought this poem home from school the other day. It's priceless because it is so "him" at this point in his life.

If I Were In Charge of the World
By Hunter Monson
(Inspired by Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel Barbie
Dora and Boots,
pills and also,
vegetables.
If I were in
charge of the world,
there'd be no vegetables,
no vegemite, and
everything for me would be free.
If I were in charge of the world
You wouldn't have pink.
You wouldn't have shots.
You wouldn't have bedtime
Or "Don't go outside it's raining".
You wouldn't even have rain.
If I were in charge of the world
A chicken fried steak dinner with mashed potatoes
would be healthy.
All movies would be PG.
And a person who sometimes forgot to clean,
and sometimes forgot to do homework,
would still be allowed to be in charge of the world.

And as an added bonus, here's a picture of the Bug that totally cracks me up. She is such a ham!!
She came up with this outfit, and the pose, all by herself. Maybe she was supposed to be alive in the 1970's!!

1 comment:

oodlesofoversons said...

That's AWESOME!!! And so is the Diva picture!