Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recipe of the month

One of my new year's "resolutions" (for lack of a better word) this year is to be better at getting a good dinnner on the table for my family each night. I am becoming a really great recipe collector, and love recipes that are practical, feed my whole family, and don't use a lot of exotic ingredients that are not found in my pantry. Since I have collected some great recipes lately, and to help you all get dinner on the table too, I have decided to post at least one dinner recipe each month. I won't post them unless we've tried them and my family actually eats them. And of course, I will give credit where credit is due! I'd love to get your feedback if you try them! So, without further ado, here is a great January recipe to keep you warm. Kudos go to my mother-in-law Jackie for this awesome recipe.

Comforting Chicken Soup

2 quarts chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
4-6 cups dry noodles (country pasta)
2 cups cut up chicken or turkey
sliced carrots
sliced celery
small onion, diced
parsley flakes

Boil 4-6 cups dry noodles with 2 quarts chicken broth together with carrots, celery, and parsley flakes and cook until tender. DO NOT DRAIN. Add chicken. Cream together the cream of chicken and mushroom soups and the sour cream, and add to the soup. Mix into the noodles. Heat until warm but DO NOT BOIL!


I use the "Country Pasta" from Sam's, it comes in a big bag and the noodles are very good. My MIL says they are only available in the winter, so go get some! Add some warm rolls and you have a happy family! My SIL tells me that leftover turkey is great in this soup, we've only had it with chicken. Happy eating!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I will add my recommendation of this soup. It is 100% delicious!! :)

oodlesofoversons said...

Thanks...I love getting new recipes to try out!